Mysterious file corruption after cron.daily execution

John Stroud bear at amberorder.com
Mon Jan 5 23:51:53 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:
> John Stroud said:
>> I need a little help trying to solve a fedora-related mystery...  I'm
>> hoping someone has seen this or has some magical insight...
>>
>> The executable file /usr/bin/AntiVir/antivir (http://www.hbedv.com/)
>> is getting modified sometime during or after the default cron.daily
run.
>> After the cron job the file is 1160 bytes longer than it was prior.
>> (See [1])
>
> It's prelink.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-December/msg02020.html

Will and Casper,

Many thanks. I'm blushing for having googled but not searched the Fedora
archives.  I'll see if I can grab source and recompile with new paths,
but I don't think this is an open source project, so will have to
instead remove the prelink cron until the blacklist features are
implemented in prelink.

--
John Stroud