Problem booting

Roger Skildum cowchaser at axs.net
Tue Jan 6 00:10:46 UTC 2004

I just upgraded from Red Hat 8.0 to Fedora Core.  Most everything seemed
to go OK with the exception that when I reboot the system it seems to
lockup on checking for new hardware.  It will set there for between 15
to 30 minutes and then quickly scrolls:

modeprobe can't locate module block 135

the number counts up from something that I am not sure of,can't catch
it, but ends at 135

After it finishes scrolling it then finishes booting normally and seems
to work fine.  Has anybody else had this problem?  Any Ideas as to what
is going on and how to correct it?  My only thought it to do a fresh
install instead of an upgrade.

Any help is gratefully appreciated
Roger