Gnome menu editor

Michael Knepher limbo at bluethingy.com
Tue Jan 6 00:44:02 UTC 2004

Davor Herga wrote:

>Ahoj!
>
>Anybody knows where to find some sort of Menu editor for Gnome in Fedora
>Core 1.

Nautilus is the intended tool for editing menus in gnome, but it's
turned off by default. To enable menu editing with nautilus, go to
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules and replace default-modules.conf with
default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing.

Then, as a normal user, go to start-here:/// in nautilus, and start
moving/adding program launchers. You can also edit the menu from the
menu: right-click on a menu item and choose from the various options
found there.

I'm not sure what bugs remain to be ironed out for it be turned on by
default, but it seems to work well enough on my system.