NUBIE to alternate OS world-Install

Heiko Schnapp heiko-schnapp at gmx.de
Tue Jan 6 01:39:53 UTC 2004

> I shouldn't. Seems you have burned the distribution file
> (yarr...disc1.iso) onto the CD. You have to instruct your burning tool
> to "unpack" the iso image file to a regular CD file system. I suppose
> you use windows for burning CD. May be, you should ask a windows user
> how to create a regular CD from an ISO image file.

That may be the problem - with the most popular burning-software for
Windows(XP), NERO (download the demo-version from http://www.ahead.de),
you select from the menu "burn image" and simply select the fedora
.iso-file (3 times). Just skip the wizard at the beginning, it doesn´t
offer an option to burn an iso-file.

Nero will then create a bootable disc. Set your CD-ROM as first boot
device in you BIOS, insert the 1st disc, reboot and the fedora installer
should appear...

Hopefully... :)