Installing Sun Java

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Jan 6 02:25:09 UTC 2004

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Did ya follow through with the mozilla instructions (in mozilla.org) you
> need to do a
> symbolic link to the java .so  in /usr/share/mozilla-1.4x/plugins/
>
> IIRC (more often than not it's IIRIC (InCorrectly))

That should be /usr/lib/mozilla-xxx/plugins, although I personally find
it preferable to "mkdir /usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins" and
then link the .so file in there instead.

It appears that mozilla (at least recent versions) will check that
directory for plugins just fine, and you won't have to go re-linking
every time you install a new mozilla.

-Bevan Bennett