how do i redirect web trafic from port 80 to 443

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Jan 6 02:49:50 UTC 2004

Nope still at default /var/www/html

> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
>
> SSLEngine on
>
> SSLCipherSuite
> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
>
> SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
>
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
>
> <Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php?)$">
>      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> </Files>
> <Directory "/usr/add/www/cgi-bin">
>      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> </Directory>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>      DocumentRoot /usr/add/www/html
>      ServerName internal.avlsi.com
>      ServerAlias internal www www.internal.avlsi.com
>      Redirect /support/utils/ https://internal/support/utils/
> </VirtualHost>

I have mod_ssl installed but httpd.conf does not seem to have
loadmodule for mod_ssl

in fact searching through httpd.conf found no occurence of the word ssl or
SSL.
My Httpd.conf snippet

#
# Virtual hosts
#

<VirtualHost my_ip-address>
 	DocumentRoot /var/www/html

	<Directory "/">
	 	AllowOverride none
 	</Directory>

	<Directory "/var/www/html/">
	 	AllowOverride none
 	</Directory>

	<Directory "/var/www/html/path_to_my_acid_directory/">
#		RewriteEngine	on
#		RewriteCond		%{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
#		RewriteRule		^(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1
[L,R,NC]