can someone explain why *this* page does NOT load properly?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 6 09:41:15 UTC 2004

Michael Knepher wrote:

|On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:42, Elton Woo wrote:

|>So since I use only LINUX, I guess you mean that this site is ONLY for
|>Microsoft
|>Windows users?
|

|No, it means the designer doesn't know html, and doesn't know how to use
|his tools.

... looks like you voiced my thoughts. Thank you and the others who
responded.

Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

|On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:14:15 -0500, Elton Woo wrote:
|
|>Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
|

|>>Have a look at the browser check output from MDW2004MX:
|>>
|>>http://www.genesis-x.nildram.co.uk/images/bonheur-problems.jpg
|

|>I'm putting it _VERY MILDLY_ when I say that we were both extremely put
|>out when the site either loaded very badly in mozilla, konqueror, or
|>epiphany ... or worse still, displayed NOTHING under Opera for linux.
|

|Make sure the "maintainer" understands this is *not* a Linux problem, but
|rather a "you <as in him, the maintainer> are a clueless amateur who
|thinks MS invented the Internet" type problem. Be sure he understands that
|either he changes his IE-biased html-coding methods, and supports non-IE
|browsers, or your friend is going elsewhere for his web design services.

|-
|K.

*Understood*, and very clearly too! You can probably imagine that it did
NOT help
my mood when my downstairs neighbour stood nearby and made comments such as
"oh that is only a problem with linux, which only 2% of people in
Montreal use, anyway"....
and his rather sheepish change of attitude when I received Jason Pearl's
initial response to
my post, indicating that the web designer was employing faulty programming.

Your comments are much appreciated (as also those of the other
respondents), and I have forwarded them to my friend.

It's almost 4:30 am now, so I'm off to bed.

sincerely,

Elton.

- --
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.