Solution for Up2date problems

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 04:24:41 UTC 2004

Don Levey said:

> One quick note on the above:
> The archives are a great resource, but this list has such volume that it
> can
> be difficult to sift through to find the correct answer.

Of course a lot of that volume is people asking the same question because
they didn't search the archives.  Check out a query for "nvidia
drivers"...

> something a little more informative than RTFM can be much more
> helpful, even if I don't need someone to personally hold my hand.

Once you've answered the same question 5 times in one day it begins to be
a little silly to keep posting the same answer (and adding to the volume
of the list).

> But I'm
> hoping that Linux will make it beyond the geeks-only threshhold; if this
> is
> to happen, we've got to expect that less-experienced people will be trying
> to do this too.

I see no reason searching archives is a "geeks-only" activity.  Heck, at
this point you can probably get close just hitting up Google.

--
William Hooper