gnutella client for a NON programmer?

Krikket krikket at gothpoodle.com
Wed Jan 7 06:05:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Trevor Smith wrote:

> On January 7, 2004 1:00 am, Alex White wrote:
>
> > gtk-gnutella is quite simple. It's located at sourceforge.net
>
> Are you kidding around with me? I'm afraid this is the sort of thing I
> specifically do not want. The "instructions" are plain enough: Configure,
> make, make install. But all I get (on the make step) is hundreds of lines of
> errors. The Configure script seemed to think things were fine on my system
> and I told it to do it's things with default values (I haven't moved anything
> and let FC1 install everything where it wanted to). Shrug.

I had problems with Gnutella as well.  Don't recall exactly what they
were, as I've played with enough P2P programs that they're blurring
together...

xMule seems to be the winner so far.  Only problem I'm having there is
that I keep getting blacklisted, and I don't know why.  (Wait a day, then
try again, and the blacklist is removed.  I don't get it.  I opened up and
shared about 6 gig worth of material, and chose a bunch of stuff to
download and left the system.  In the meantime, it will occasionally
crash.  Not the most stable program in the world.)

I'm now playing around with a few others, and if I can get Java working,
I'll give Limeware <http://www.limeware.com/english/content/home.shtml> a
shot...

Krikket