Fedora News Updates #1

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Wed Jan 7 16:28:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 19:12, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> I hope Fedora News stops instructing newbies to use root for anything
> (including making RPMS from software obtained without any checks).

Erm, I don't think thats what I did.

> If people start getting used to do it, pretty soon now we'll have
> viruses. No, seriously.
>
> Fedora News: STOP IT, PLEASE!

I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned such things - I'm a big sudo fan
myself.

I only generally provide mailing list summaries and stuff I find on the
Net (off irc for instance), and have not written anything saying "make X
as root". (I'm of the kind that'll say: sudo make install, rather than
su'ing itself).
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/