Digi Serial Card....

James Kosin jkosin at intcomgrp.com
Wed Jan 7 18:39:41 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Miguel Seabra" <rms at 1407.org>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Digi Serial Card....

|> This is NOT an issue, kgcc is not installed under Fedora.  The problem I
had
|> to fix manualy related to this issue involved that the generated Makefile
|> wanted to use gcc and not gcc32 to compile the module.  I fixed this
|> manually by changing the configure script to use gcc32 instead of gcc.
This
|> may not be the best way; but, it worked.
|
|It may not be an issue under Fedora, but under RedHat 7.3 the rpm was
|created nicely and without an error in both compilers.
|
|The difference was that trying to access /dev/ttyD000 with minicom
|resulted in an immediate eip stack trace.

I had the same problem with 7.3....
They emailed me back with a long complicated fix.
Fortuneatly, for me the problem only surfaced with a kernel upgrade.
(unfortuneatly, I forget which version actually worked last....  the box has
been upgraded to Fedora now)

|> |I do have one problem currently, which is that I can't talk with the
|> |other side and I have minicom set to the same settings on both ends of
|> |the machines (my /dev/ttyUSB0 and the host's /dev/ttyD000)
|> |
|> |Does anyone have any suggestions?
|>
|> Are you using RedHat 7.3 with the Digi card?
|
|Yes. Well, it depends on the definition of using... I still can't see
|any data being transfered from and to both ends, I suppose it's a cable
|issue...

Have you tried a loopback connector on the Digi card?
I'm willing to help you with this if needed....  even if I have to lookup
what version of the kernel I was working with that didn't have the problem.

|Rui

PS:  Digi just sent (emailed) me a pre-release version that takes care of my
mmap() problem.  But, does anyone know if there are any problems loading a
module that was compiled under gcc 3.3.2 and not the gcc 3.2.3 version that
compiled the kernel?

I'm off to get my dialin network working again.....

Thanks.