nondestructive partition manager

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Thu Jan 8 03:29:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:14, Trevor Smith wrote:
> They differ? Screw it, I think I'll just wipe FC1, use Partition Magic to
> resize my Windows partitions and reinstall Linux.

Why wipe Fedora?  If you have Partition Magic it will resize EXT2/3
formatted partitions just as well as FAT and NTFS.

As of PQMagic 4.0 they even provide a floppy disk version for Linux-only
systems on the CD-ROM.  Look for BOOTFLP.DAT and DATAFLP.DAT on the
Partition Magic CD-ROM.  There's a shell script in the same directory to
write the images to floppies.  The floppy version works the same as the
Windows version.  Look through the README before you start.  It may have
some useful tips.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/