Fedora/Red Hat kernel patches

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Thu Jan 8 09:04:19 UTC 2004

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a source where I can find the list
of patches that are applied to the Red Hat/Fedora kernels ?

My problem is this : I have built a midrange system with
a Promise SX 6000 controller, on which I am testing several
different distributions. The only distribution which is able to
activate the card is Red Hat 9 (but I haven't had the time to
test Fedora yet).

As a test, I decided to build new kernels from vanilla 2.4.20,
2.4.21, 2.4.22 and 2.4.23, and boot from them. Neither of them
is able to activate the Promise controller.

Then I did a diff between the Red Hat kernel sources, which
say 2.4.20-8 and the vanilla kernel sources 2.4.20. There are
differences, but not in the way I expected.

The files i2o_core, i2o_pci and i2o_block do not seem to be
patched in the Red Hat kernel sources, which probably means
that the vanilla kernel is broken somewhere else with respect
to the functionality needed to active the Promise card.

Any clues w. respect to the patches ?

Regards,

Jurgen