Kernel 2.6 panic

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 10:09:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:25:24 +0100
Erik Rissanen <erik.rissanen at bredband.net> wrote:

> My computer is a 2.6 GHz P4 on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe with 1 GB of
> ECC-RAM. The video card is an ATI 9800 nonpro.
>
> The above trace is from the smp kernel, but even the up one panics.
>
> Just in case anyone is interested. :-)
>
> /Erik

Sorry I can't help you with the kernel panic. But I noticed you have
the Asus P4C800-E board, I just bought it a couple weeks ago. I got
the sound to work after recompiling alsa drivers and doing various
module.conf tweaking, but the onboard ethernet controller is being
a pain. Have you got it to work at all?

Tomorrow when I have some time I'll try and do exactly as you did and
see if we both get the same error.