Mouse problems

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Thu Jan 8 10:18:00 UTC 2004

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a compaq proliant and always the same problem. my mouse is not
> working. as it never worked on the builting ps/2-port i installed a usb ->
> ps/2-adaptor (HID) . this was working fine, until i had to reinstall my
> server. since then: doesn't work at all. i indicated also pci=bios-irq for
> a working mouse....

[snip]

what is the output from /sbin/lsmod? There should be the following
modules for a USB Mouse

mousedev                5556   3
hid                    24676   0 (unused)
input                   5760   0 [keybdev mousedev hid]
usb-uhci               26316   0 (unused)
usbcore                78176   1 [hid usb-uhci]

To me your XF86Config looks fine. I had similar problems on RH8/9
because of missing modules like HID.

> Configuration:
> ps/2-mouse (generic, 2-button) connected to a port on the usb-hid-interface.
[snip]

Alex