up2date issues resolved

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Thu Jan 8 14:23:07 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 06:50, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 04:05, fed ora wrote:
> >
> > Solution: Use local mirror (i.e., whichever is closest
> > to you).
>
> I'd like to suggest that /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
> should contains a REPOSITORY variable, originally set to
> REPOSITORY=http://download.fedora.redhat.com
> with a note that this can be changed to a local repository,
> with a link to the list of mirror sites.

I'd suggest *any* other repository for the default.  Probably the main
reason there is sooooo much grief using up2date/yum is that the
default repository bandwidth limited to any connections other than
those who are authorized mirrors.

> Incidentally, I don't understand what ismeant by the remark
> # multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used.
> Depenencies # can be resolved "cross-repo" if need be.
> at the end of the "sources" file.
> Which repository is used if more than one is listed?

You can, for instance, specify one repository for your "update" source
and another for your "normal distribution" source.

Regards,  Mike Klinke