/dev/dsp not honouring permission settings

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 8 18:16:11 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 08.01.2004 schrieb Lorenzo Prince um 18:36:
> The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> > Put your users which should be able to listen to sound / using /dev/dsp
> > into the group sound.
> No luck.  For some reason, none of the users in the sound group are able to access /dev/dsp.
>
> PRINCE

Hi Lorenzo!

Just hit me, sorry, I overviewed the fact you already did that before.

Can you exactly explain what you do and what to achieve? You log in and
play sound, that works. While you stay logged in another user comes and
logs in too over the network and this one is starting an audio program
too on your PC, maybe forwarding the GUI to his node?

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999