IPTables

Phil Brammer fedora at wjjeep.com
Thu Jan 8 19:18:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:13:19PM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On January 8, 2004 14:09, Phil Brammer wrote:
> > So, let me get this straight.  I'm supposed to create the file
> > /etc/sysconfig/sbin/iptables-config so that this script will have the
> > appropriate rules to apply?  That's just goofy.
>
> No, your not supposed to do so, and yes, that would be goofy. ;) First
> configure your firewall the way you would like it to be, then do a
> "/etc/init.d/iptables save".
>
> --
> Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org

This is true, but it'll go creating /etc/sysconfig/sbin/iptables-config instead of /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.  This isn't going to hurt anything, but I *personally* think it's a little silly to be creating sub sbin directories all over the place when I'm not entirely sure that was the original intention.

Phil