Errors / help editing menus in Fedora

Davor Herga davor.herga at guest.arnes.si
Thu Jan 8 19:19:37 UTC 2004

> Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:41:59 -0800
> From: "Adam L. Klein" <alklein at integraonline.com>
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: Errors / help editing menus in Fedora

> Thanks for the reply.  I tried it and unfortunately now have no
> Applications menus.

Do you think you have no Applications menus in start-here:/// ?
If so, that's "normal"....
You should be able to change your menu directly in the menu with the
right click...

> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to restore the Applications
> menus (even to defaults, though I would like to be able to modify them)?

If you lost the menu totally, here is the solution (again by Michael
Knepher):

------------

Check ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ for any files with a *.vfolder-info extension.
If there are any, delete them. Run killall gnome-panel to force the
panel to restart, and see if you get any then. Make sure you've restored
the original default-modules.conf in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/.

Michael Knepher <limbo bluethingy com>

By the way,

did you think about searching the posts, cause all these solutions are
available on fedora mail list...

ENjoY!

Davor