at and cron vs. ldap

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Jan 8 19:51:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 09:38, Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

> This may be a red herring, but have you verified that mail on the client
> system works outside of at/cron? What happens with "/bin/mail root" and
> "/bin/mail ldap_user"?

Both work fine, I'm afraid, whether ldap_user is receiving mail as a
local user or a .forward file exists.

> There was a fairly large change where they split the configuration into
> two files: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/mail/submit.cf,

Thanks for that information, but I switched one LDAP client to postfix
and still see the same problem.

> If the mail configuration is working fine on its own, the next place I'd
> look is at the LDAP config in /etc/pam.d/system-auth. The GUI-set
> defaults there often seem to cause problems. I changed mine to:

I put yours in place of mine exactly as you sent it.  No change.

Thanks for the attempts to help, but I'm about out of ideas right now.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge