nondestructive partition manager

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Thu Jan 8 20:28:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:41:08 -0300, Thiers Botelho wrote:

>I have used Partition Magic 8.01 to successfully extend, shrink, move,
>create and delete NTFS 5.0 (Win 2k) and ext3 (Fedora) partitions - both
>empty and loaded - on a few dual-boot systems.

I just tried in win2k and dos and PMagic6.0 will not resize or move my
ext3 partitions. For a while it said there was an error with the
partition table (it was created by some other fdisk program) but I
learned from experience not to let Partition Magic "fix" it. Now it no
longer reports the error but still won't allow me to fiddle with the
ext3 partitions. I'll try parted or, worst case, wipe and reinstall.

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com