Backup program?

Alex Olivas olivasa at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 8 23:55:38 UTC 2004

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>I am new to Red Hat/Fedora and am looking for a backup/restore program for
>Linux which will work with my Sony SDT-9000 DDS Tape Drive. I can't find it
>among the packages on either Red Hat or Fedora. I wonder if such a program at
>all exits for the Linux platform.
>
>I would appreciate very much if perhaps someone on this list could explain
>where to find that sort of programs.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Erik P. Olsen
>
>Regards,
>Erik P. Olsen

i can' really comment on quality or even whether it will work with a
tape drive.  i would assume that
would be a system issue.  if you can mount it it should work just fine.
in any case i have been meaning
to try out rdfiff-backup.  you can find it at
http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/.
it looks very promising to me, but again i haven't tried it, but it's
probably worth taking a look at and maybe
even posting the same question to its mailing list.
alex.