Is it worth changing to fedora ?

John Sampson john.sampson at swirly.net
Fri Jan 9 00:00:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 23:47, csclark at uwm.edu wrote:
> I joined this mailing list because I wanted to read about others experiences
> with fedora before I migrated to it. I am second thoughts because all of the
> mail I am receiving: it like many users are having problems with Fedora.
> Would anyone recommend installing Fedora, or should I wait until the next
> version?

Well I have used SuSE 8.2, 9.0 MDK 7 and 8 and RH9, and to be honest I
think Fedora and RH9 are the nicest releases I have used.

There is sometimes a few hardware issues - namely my AGP card, but other
than that, I find Fedora very nice - a lot faster than my old Redhat
install.

Only gripe I had was the installer was messed up - if you cant get
Anaconda to run frst time you need to invoke installation using linux
allowcddma - that took me aday to figure out, but other than that no bad
issues here!