Is it worth changing to fedora ?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jan 9 00:14:37 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 23:47, csclark at uwm.edu wrote:
> I joined this mailing list because I wanted to read about others
> experiences with fedora before I migrated to it. I am second thoughts
> because all of the mail I am receiving: it like many users are having
> problems with Fedora. Would anyone recommend installing Fedora, or should I
> wait until the next version?

I certainly wouldn't wait for the next version,
as I don't suppose it will be any better or worse than this one.
As far as I am concerned, Fedora-1 is exactly what RH-10 would have been,
neither better nor worse.

As for the mailing list, at least 90% of the postings have nothing to do
with Fedora itself, and are either queries about applications
which would apply to any distribution
or else are related to the kernel,
which again would arise with any distribution.
Change that to 95%.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366