Comprehensive Book

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Fri Jan 9 11:21:42 UTC 2004

Hi Ian,

Ian Desjarlais wrote:

> I just recently installed this FC1 linux for the first time.  I have only minor
> programming experience w/ windows.  For a hobby I would like to learn about
> this linux stuff... can anyone recommend a comprehensive book which will send
> me on my way towards understanding linux?

For Fedora Core 1 almost all RedHat9 related books are good, that's just
my humble opinion. For a friend of mine from the states I found a good
source for getting IT-Books (Sometimes the printed stuff is just nicer
;-) ).

http://www.bookpool.com

RedHat9 Search:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/m2yi4h4qd6/ss/1?qs=redhat9&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

My favorite one is "Beginning Red Hat Linux 9"

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/m2yi4h3cri/sm/0764543784

> thanks
>
> IanD

Alex