Latest kernel won't download...

Neil B. Cohen nbc at aikisoft.com
Fri Jan 9 13:26:25 UTC 2004

I have been trying to run up2date all week. It tells me I need a new set
of kernel code (version 2.4.22-1.2140) including sources. After
downloading for a while, I get a message from up2date telling me that
the kernel signature is invalid - the package may be corrupted and asks
if I want to continue. I've been saying no. Should I install it? Or
should I try to find another location to download from? I am using the
standard up2date configuration file (I think).

The text of the message is:

The package kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2140.nptl does not have a valid GPG
signature.
It has been tampered with or corrupted.  Continue?

Thanks,

nbc