Problem installing Fedora Core 1

Mike scopeguy at postman.net
Fri Jan 9 13:44:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:21:39 +0100, Cameron Bristow wrote
> Hello all,
>
> Just a quick e-mail.  When I try to install Fedora Core 1 it goes
> through all of the pre-install stuff okay, but when it gets to the media
> check screen my keyboard becomes locked and I can't tab around or select
> anything.  The media checks out okay on another machine.  Not sure
> if I need other drivers or what.
>
> Oh, and this is on my Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.
>
> Thanks for any reply's.
>
> ~Cameron

Cameron,
Strange installation problems can sometimes be solved by booting from a
floppy, rather than from the CD itself. Instructions may be found on the
Fedora website:
 http://fedora.redhat.com/download/#boot

Mike Smith

--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

Free Internet WebMail (http://www.postman.net/)
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org/)