Update patches versus full update RPM.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jan 9 18:10:03 UTC 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 11:15 am, Simon Perreault wrote:
> You would be in your right to request something of a developer if you were
> *paying* him. Otherwise, you can ask politely, but the developer can ignore
> your demand if he so wishes. Lobbying is impolite.

In open source it is always the case that the developer can rejet your
requests.  The more successful ones learn to filter the requests properly.
But the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.

> Of course, there are developers kinder than others. ;)

Yes there are.

To repeat the gist of the last message I wrote on this subject ot
fedora-devel, I am going to implement a diffing system for the PostgreSQL
RPMs that I distribute from ftp.postgresql.org.  I will see how it works,
once I get around to doing it.  Then if the Fedora Core project wants to
adapt it, that is up to them.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology