Duplicating a working Fedora Drive

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Jan 9 18:27:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, M.Hockings wrote:

> Is there a tool in (or available to) Fedora that can be used to image
> the complete Fedora drive onto another drive of  equivalent size?

dd, but IMO, there are much better ways to do it. It is very easy to hose
your entire system with a sumple typo to the command.

> I know that in Windows there are some tools by Power Quest (I think
> that's the company).

Unlike Windoze it is very possible to simply do a cp -av over the revelant
parts of the existing filesystem(s). There are actually numerous ways to
do this it just depends on what tools you like.

Tom