Duplicating a working Fedora Drive

Kevin Worthington kworthington at linuxmail.org
Fri Jan 9 18:33:05 UTC 2004

> Is there a tool in (or available to) Fedora that can be used to image
> the complete Fedora drive onto another drive of  equivalent size?
>
> I know that in Windows there are some tools by Power Quest (I think
> that's the company).
I just did this yesterday, using SLAX (http://www.slax.org/), which is a 'live-CD' similar to KNOPPIX, using the dd command.
I ran:

dd if=/path/to/disk/one of=/path/to/disk/two

This was from one 80 gig drive to another, exact model number.
HTH,
Kev
---
Kevin Worthington - <kworthington (at) linuxmail {dot} org>
Red Hat Linux user since April 1998
Fedora Core User since July 2003 (Severn betas)
Registered Linux User #218689 - http://counter.li.org