Display tweaking...

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 9 21:25:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:33:18AM -0600, Jonathan Villa wrote:

> For some reason my display is a little garbled...
>
> Occasionally when I open new windows they are striped.  I have attached
> screenshots if they help...

This looks like hardware.

A video RAM or signal line on the video controller
is having trouble.

My guess is that a PCI or AGP card needs to be reinstalled
in it's slot.   Make sure the card is secure to the chassis
as well.

If you have fans on the mother board or graphics card make sure that
the fans are running correctly and that the heatsink and air paths are
not clogged with carpet fuzz.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net