Fresh FC1 installation (tried 2 times).. first boot.. hangs at 'firstboot' :(

Joerg Battermann jb at justbe.com
Sat Jan 10 16:17:54 UTC 2004

hey there :)

i've got a more or less big problem with my fc1 installation. I installed
it using the official isos (3cds) and the dvd image from
<http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/>, just to make sure my images weren't
corrupt. the problem is, I can install everything just fine without
problems, but when trying to boot the system up, it always hangs at the
'starting firstboot' .. completely... can't switch to another console..
can't reboot etc...

I then tried accessing the ext3fs partitions to check the boot/dmesg etc
logs.. but they show no error-messages or whatsoever at all :(

any ideas what I could do? my system is a 3ghz intel p4.. so i also tried
booting up using the non-smp kernel.. no change :\

sincerely,
-Joerg Battermann
http://www.justBE.com