List Problems

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 20:54:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:56:56 -0500, Krikket wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 06:15:36 -0600, Jess Anderson wrote:

>>> In the meantime, I've found it *very* helpful to dump the emailed
>>> traffic to /dev/null

>> Probably better to turn it off in the list prefs, rather than /dev/null
>> it. Cuts down unnecessary .Net traffic.

> *Confused*  What do you mean by "emailed traffic" in this case?  It's
> obviously not the messages to the list...

Yes it is.

He's not reading list messages by Email. Like me, he's now reading the
list via an Email-to-Usenet gateway (GMame).

Currently he's dumping list messages, rather than just turning it off.

If he turns off receiving list messages in the list prefs, those emails
are never sent. If he just blackholes the messages, they get sent, consume
bandwidth en route, then get dumped unread ... which is a waste.

-
K.