Creative WebCam Notebook under FC1?

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Sat Jan 10 21:12:54 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 15:09, Adam L. Klein wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I purchased a Creative Labs Webcam Notebook (USB) on a whim and I'd
> like to see if I can get it working under Fedora (running all latest
> patches / 2.4.22-1.2140 kernel).  I've Googled, tried gnome-meeting
> (which errors on /dev/video0 and /dev/video1) and checked the LDP
> HOWTOs with no luck.
>
> I would appreciate any help or advice on making the camera work (if it
> can).

 [snipped]

    Just for fun...in case it's made the same way as the "Creative
Webcam" like I have, "insmod ov511" and open a video device. (Like start
xawtv -c /dev/video0 or /dev/video1.

    That's the way mine works.   I'm warned, though, that the 'Creative
Webcam GO' is a whole different animal.

    Good luck with it!

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.