Dell D800 + Dock questions/issues

satya linux satyalinux at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 21:51:17 UTC 2004

I have a Dell Lat. D600 with a d/port (not d/dock)
replicator and d/monitor stand.

I installed Fedora without the d/port.

I usually run Fedora when docked.

However, I use only a 1024x768 display with relatively
few problems.  The d/port was automatically detected.
(I use only the laptop's Radeon 9000 card).

1. Fedora boots fine (I use text boot b/c of another
bug) and I can log in fine.  The only major problem I
run into is when I log out: the monitor screen blanks
(no login screen - works fine on initial bootup).  So,
I have to shutdown everytime I logout.  Very annoying.

2. The other problem I have noticed is that the
d/port's headphone jack doesn't work.  Plugging in
headphones/ext. speakers silences the laptop's
speakers, but no sound comes through the
headphones/ext. speakers.  (This works fine on Win2K).

3. Can you undock while Fedora is running?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
~satya