I think fedora needs...

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sat Jan 10 21:47:08 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2003-12-15 às 16:52, Elton Woo escreveu:

> OTH, I would imagine a script that would extract the tarred file,
> and running behind a gui. So in effect, instead of doing
> "tar-xvf {filename}.tgz" on the command line, the user would do this
> from a GUI interface, which first prompts for the root password,
> *of course*. I'm not a programmer, but I would think it is feasable.

People, that's not exactly one of the uses for rpm? I'never tried to
double-click on a rpm file since redhat 7 (which has a gnoRPM tool I
think), but if I would start from somewhere, rpm would be the one..

I'm wrong - root user can double-click on any rpm and it will install
it.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group