Duplicating a working Fedora Drive

Mark Neidorff mark at neidorff.com
Sat Jan 10 17:51:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, M.Hockings wrote:

> Is there a tool in (or available to) Fedora that can be used to image
> the complete Fedora drive onto another drive of  equivalent size?
>
> I know that in Windows there are some tools by Power Quest (I think
> that's the company).

In a recent post I mentioned my positive experience with mondo-archive. My
disk was failing, so I got a new one (not the exact same size) backed up
using mondo. Shut down.  Replaced drive.  Booted using the mondo CD (I
backed up to CDs.  Mondo also gives an option to create a set of boot
floppies if you back up to tape).  Answered a couple of questions.  Mondo
fdisked, formatted and restored the new drive for me.  Working perfectly.

Mark

--
When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.