Using Telnet and getting message - Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Jan 11 02:29:57 UTC 2004

Em Sáb, 2004-01-10 às 22:31, Barry Yu escreveu:

> same Red Hat 9 machine to Telnet to same W2k machine, I was getting
> Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused. Can someone help? Tks.

Telnet service is disabled by default in w2k, which is good. Firewall
sometimes is enabled by default (don't remember on which windows), which
is good also.

As windows does not use tty for command-line applications, telnet is not
that useful anyway. Even the old EDIT command will not work over a
telnet session. (or ssh, in case you install one)

As windows' gdi funcions are not compatible with X, when you start a
graphic application remotely, it won't come to your linux machine at
all.

Why don't you try to use that windows terminal stuff, or vnc?

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group