Creative WebCam Notebook under FC1?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Jan 11 09:35:32 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-01-11 às 02:18, Adam L. Klein escreveu:

> |For ov511 I would recommend camorama in favor of xawtv - it works faster
> |(as it does not try to use a different resolution then that one from
> |ccd), uses gtk widgets and is easier to configure contrast, etc.
> |http://camorama.fixedgear.org
> |I don't remember where I found a rpm for it.
> |Oh ya, it works ok with gnomemeeting :-)
> I tried camorama, which did not work - it errored with:
> could not connect to video device: /dev/video0.  Please check connection.

This is not camorama's fault - xawtv or gnomemetting would display the
same. Your camera probable does not use ov511 chip.

> I'm not sure that the ov511 module is the correct one.  I'm still
> trying to determine the chipset for the Creative Webcam Notebook.  I
> gather that the chipset is the key to which module to use.

You're right.

> Does your comment "Oh ya, it works ok with gnomemeeting :-)" mean that
> camorama works with Gnomemeeting or that the ov511 module / driver does?

The ov511 cameras. Camorama is just a simple video4linux application
made for just taking still pictures from a webcam. Preety much like
those default windows applications which come in webcam's cd.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group