Fedora core I bugs

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Jan 11 12:48:46 UTC 2004

Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Dom, 2004-01-11 às 04:32, Eero Volotinen escreveu:
>

>>Noticed that there is ugly bug in mysqld init scripts. It stop working if
>>there is password in mysql server. Not yet fixed?
>

> This issue has been discussed here before. It has to do with a kind of
> ping statement on mysql's init script. Take a look at the archives.

The fix I used is found at the bottom of this message:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg03562.html

edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld as follows:

change the line:

if !([ -n "`/usr/bin/mysqladmin  ping 2> /dev/null`" ]); then

to this (it may wrap in this email due to the line length):

if !([ -n "`/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u UNKNOWN_USER ping 2> /dev/null`" ]); then

Clint