Problem with mozilla and up2date after upgrade

Carl Krauthauser carl at UDel.Edu
Sun Jan 11 23:35:49 UTC 2004

Dear Fedora Users,

I have just recently upgraded from RH8.0 to Fedora Core 1 on a P-IV box.
I've noticed the following problems:

Mozilla 1.4.1-17 crashes when I attempt to access certain websites, like
CNN.  I cannot find a pattern to the crashes.

Up2date seems to stall while trying to resolve rpm dependencies, however,
the sizes of the packages that are being "upgraded" all appear to have no
size (ie. - 0 kB).  Checking the Fedora website, they clearly are not
"phantom" upgrades.

Are my problems more to do with upgrading rather than a new install, or
are these problems generally experienced?  Are there any work arounds?

Thanks for all you help!

Best Regards,
Carl Krauthauser