About your mplayerplug-in article

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Jan 12 10:27:44 UTC 2004

Thank you Thomas,

But I'd like to make clear that it's not a matter of 'my approval' (I
know it's a joke ;)) its a matter of tightening the filter against
malicious changes in software.

Besides that, using root all the time subjects your computer to serious
and dramatic side effects by bugs in software, that can be harmful not
only for the users but also for everyone else (think worms that do rm
-rf / after replicating, for instance).

Finally, I think that mplayerplug-in supports the target

make dist

which creates a sane tar ball of the software for releasing software
(and if the spec is properly generated, rpmbuild -ta
software-version.tar.gz will get you the RPM )

Hugs, Rui

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 20:44, Thomas Chung wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion and I have just finished rewriting all of my
> tutorials at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/
> I even mentioned your name in http://fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/
> It wasn't easy since I has to rewrite them all and test them all.
> I think it took about 6 hours and I didn't go to bed until 5:00 am last night.
> I hope I get your approval this time :)
> regards,

+ So let's do it...?