Problem with mozilla and up2date after upgrade

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 11:58:07 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-01-11 às 20:35, Carl Krauthauser escreveu:

> Mozilla 1.4.1-17 crashes when I attempt to access certain websites, like
> CNN.  I cannot find a pattern to the crashes.
> Up2date seems to stall while trying to resolve rpm dependencies, however,
> the sizes of the packages that are being "upgraded" all appear to have no
> size (ie. - 0 kB).  Checking the Fedora website, they clearly are not
> "phantom" upgrades.

I had this problem for quite some time, and it annoyed me a lot. What
happened here was that not all the available fonts had the right
permissions. In fact, every time that used Arial windows font made
mozilla crash.

Isolating the problem to arial font, I found out that this font was not
readable to that specific user. Maybe this can help you.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group