Thoughts on FC and the future..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 12 15:09:13 UTC 2004

Patrick W. Fraley wrote:

>Hey on your Listing your forgot one major option:
>
>5) Switch to another distribution ;)

This is also a problem..

Suse don't distribute ISO's which is frikken irritating when testing and
breaking, the enterprise versions are more expensive than RHEL.. In fact
its almost cheaper to buy MS products for web servers and the like
bacasue it would probably be cheaper then RHEL or Suse enterprise..
Although out of pricipal I will not use any MS products but many would..

Mandrake is just not cutting it IMO.. especially as a server..

Debian is outdated and a nightmare to install..

Slackware and Gentoo are to difficult to effectively maintain for most
of us since they are based on source packages..

Which really just leaves the smaller distros the best of which looks to
be Trustix, which I am currently playing with for my new system..

Later..