Thoughts on FC and the future..

Gene Delitzoy delitzoy at telus.net
Mon Jan 12 17:23:08 UTC 2004

> Given the track record with redhat of how often upgrades go wrong, and
> the fact that such an upgrade requires more downtime, I think a lot of
> people will worry about that.
>
> Is fedora there to provide a good distro to users, or to exploit users
> to redhat's commercial benefit?
>
> --
>
> Sam Barnett-Cormack
> Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths
> UK Mirror Service (http://www.mirror.ac.uk)  |  Lancaster University

Is it just me or do others get the sense that some people on this list
feel that the fedora developers owe us a stable, easy to use, easy to
upgrade, rock solid distro?

Fedora as a community distro is only as good as the community.

Have you tested the upgrade path? Have you donated money, or time in a
meaningful way to make sure fedora has a clear and bug free upgrade
path?
If not then I wouldn't be complaining about the upgrade capabilities.