Thoughts on FC and the future..

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 19:27:45 UTC 2004

rrs_rhlist at softhome.net said:
> They and Fedora Project has clearly mentioned that the releases will be on
> bleeding edge release of packages.

"leading edge" is not the same as "bleeding edge".

> Doesn't it seem to be a all time Beta
> OS ( Or I should say Red Hat Beta Release).

"Yeah, I'm mean it's been so horrible when they released three betas
before a release.  It felt like I was beta testing all the time..."

Please.  The OS has had one, for the vast majority of the people, stable
release.  If you choose to upgrade to packages in development then you
expect to loose stability.  So far the release cycle doesn't seem to be
much faster than Red Hat Linux used to have.

--
William Hooper