ALSA-driver with FC1 kernel

Alexandre surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 18:55:25 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-01-12 às 13:48, Andre Costa escreveu:

> > The same happens with kernel-module-alsa from freshrpms. What should I
> > do? I don't want to compile it on every single system every time a new
> > kernel version is available.
> Mmmh... I am not sure you will be able to avoid that. The include file
> issue should be fixed by RH people IMHO, but as for compiling your own
> module for every new kernel, I guess you'll have to do it -- unless, of
> course, you don't mind installing pre-compiled binary modules to all
> sound cards ALSA supports (freshrpms provides suchs binaries IIRC).

These are exactly what I wanted - but as my testing machine seems so
good now with kernel 2.6 by Redhat's guy Arjanv, who cares about alsa
modules on 2.4?

Just kidding. Every time I switched to 2.6 on my server machine, usb
went down and there was no way I could possibly get it up again. And the
test litterbox is too far away from me most of the time to test usb
stuff...

And servers cannot stop just because my digital camera does not work ;-)