Thoughts on FC and the future..

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 21:03:53 UTC 2004

Sam Barnett-Cormack said:
> Your points are well made and valid - I suppose some things are a matter
> of taste, although those points you make seem to not affect other
> distros already using the rolling model.

Without seeing the docs for those "other distros" it is hard to say.
Looking at Debian's FAQ they seem to have some special instructions for at
least one case (upgrading libc5 -> libc6) which tell you the order to
install some updates and a warning that the rest must be installed all at
once.  If someone were to take the time to right similar instructions for
any issues that arise from a FC1 -> FC2 yum upgrade I'm sure there
wouldn't be any objections.

> However, I stand by my point that the part of the community doing the
> development does need to listen to the wishes of the users.

A quick bugzilla search doesn't turn up an RFE, so when you enter one
please post the ID to the list so interested parties can add themselves to
the CC: list.

"If it's not in bugzilla, it doesn't exist."

--
William Hooper