{Spam?} Synaptic brazilian portuguese translation

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 21:42:51 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-01-12 às 13:20, Andre Costa escreveu:

Oi André

> Make sure you also send the file to Synaptic developers -- which you
> probably already did ;)

I did it, but THEIR version is ok - as you can see on debian or
conectiva. The wrong one is freshrpm's fedora version. As you (as a
brazilian, I presume you use it in portuguese) may already know,
accented characters look screwed in fedora's synaptic.

BUT... I just took the sources from their site, and there all is ok -
And as I can see, I've translated the compiled one, which makes it
useless for recompiling sources :-(

(more below)
> > Brazilian portuguese translation of synaptic on utf-8 systems is
> > broken for months. I've corrected it - looks much better now.
> > It's located at http://www.surak.eti.br/synaptic.mo , also as attached
> > to this message.

Take a look at http://www.surak.eti.br/linux/synaptic-BR.tar.bz2 - this
one is not only the .mo file, but also every dialog badly translated (or
not translated at all), which makes it almost completely in portuguese
(except for very lille hardcoded stuff, as well as some dialogs which
I've never seen).

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group