Thoughts on FC and the future..

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 22:39:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Alexandre Strube wrote:

> Em Seg, 2004-01-12 às 14:50, Sam Barnett-Cormack escreveu:
> (...)
> > As it is, I'd love to contribute to development of the distro, but
> > that'd mean I need a spare machine to do it on, and my financial
> > situation is far from rosy.
>
> It's not easy for anyone. If its difficult in UK, think about it in the
> so-called third world, were salaries are a fraction of yours.
>
> Anyway, I took the saturday afternoon to contribute, and everyday I
> contribute to brazilian openoffice... And I'm preety sure that the 600
> dollars monthly that my bosses pays me is way less than yours.

The time isn't a problem, it's the physical resources. I have 1 computer
capable of running a modern distro, and that's my workstation. I can't
risk that by experimenting with a development version, which would be
necessary to contribute.

Oh, and I earn UKP256 in a good month.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths